QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
The Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy in collaboration with the National Standardization Agency (BSN) of Indonesia, established the Indonesian National Standard, also called SNI, which regulates the Cleanliness, Health, Safety and Environment Sustainability (CHSE) certification program for the tourism and creative economy industries. SNI CHSE Certification is a program of issuing certificates for tourism businesses, other businesses/facilities related to tourism, and tourist destinations that meet the SNI 9042:2021 standards determined in the SNI CHSE Certification assessment.
SNI CHSE certification is a national standard to give guarantee to travelers and the public about the products and services provided is complied with hygiene, health, safety, and environmental sustainability protocols.
SNI CHSE certificate is essential for tourism businesses, other businesses/facilities related to tourism, the community environment, and tourist destinations.
The tourism business categories included in Tourist Destination areas are Tourist Transportation Service Businesses, Hotel Businesses, Home stays / Tourist Cottages, Restaurant Businesses, MICE, and other tourism businesses by the development needs and provisions of laws and regulations.
The categories of other businesses/facilities related to tourism are Tourist Information Centers, Souvenir shops, Public Toilets, and other businesses/facilities related to other tourism aspects by the development needs and provisions of laws and regulations.
The tourist destination categories which are located within the Province; Regency/City or Village/Traditional Village.
Certification process will be done by the Certification Institutions that has accredited by the National Accreditation Body of Indonesia (KAN). The institutions will assign Auditor(s) to conduct assessments on the tourism business applying for SNI CHSE Certification.
There are three sources of eligible funds for SNI CHSE Certification:
- Fund from the State Budget (APBN); for this type of fund there will be a time limited program carried out by the Central Government which will be socialized during the program.
- Fund from the Regional Budget (APBD), for this type of fund there will be based on existing program carried out by the Regional Governments.
- Independent fund, this type of fund is carried out independently by Tourist Business Owners.
There are several Certification Institutions (LSUP) registered in Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy elgible for SNI CHSE Certification. For more information, you may click on the one of our page (https://chse.kemenparekraf.go.id/en/certification-institute-directory) on the front page of this website.
Each Institution provides information related such as a brief explanation about basic information of institution, the institution's address and map locations, telephone number, email address, website, and their auditors who are capable to audit tourism properties according to the Auditor's work areas. We suggested that the officer/auditor who conducted the audit is registered with the institution to ensure security and certainty when a tourism business undergoes an audit for SNI CHSE certification.
If you do self-funded certifications It takes at least minimum two weeks for acquiring SNI CHSE Certificate and the I DO CARE Label are issued. In condition, all the standard requirements are fulfilled.
Furthermore, if you do sponsored funded (Government funding) the process and time may vary according to its program campaign
What needs to be focused on is the business entity. If the property is on the same location and single legal permit, you may register the largest part of the property.
However, if your businesses or properties operate separately, then each of the property can be registered for certification individually.
The current valid certificate is SNI CHSE Standard Certificate, which means the previous CHSE certificate is no longer valid.
Please make sure that the ‘Property Name’ field is filled in correctly. What’s listed on the website is the data you filled in the ‘Property Name'.
Yes, with the enactment of a new regulation that uses the SNI CHSE 2022 Standard, your tourism property should do re-certification. Re-certification can be done by contacting the Tourism Industry Certification Institute (LSUP) that certified your previous tourism business or any LSUP listed in the ‘Get Certificate’ directory.
Registration on This Website
Property owners and tourism organizations can only register digitally by accessing the website page https://chse.kemenparekraf.go.id/ and selecting "Sign In" or "Start Assessment" on the Main Page of the Website led to the Sign-Up Page or Registration.
Users will fill in the required data as follow: Registrant's Full Name; Phone number; Property Name (Brand Name); Company Name (Legal Name); Business Identification Number (NIB); select Business Category.
After completing the registration form, the registrant will be directed to the ‘Next Page’ to fill in the registered company address.
The registered property address must match the location of the property.
After filling in the property address, the registrant will have to register an active email account for the registered property along with filling in the selected password. Filling in the password is recommended with a combination of letters and numbers.
Next, the system will send a verification email to the registered email account. Registrants need to verify by clicking on the link sent to the registrant's email to activate the account that directly leads to the User Dashboard.
- Make sure that the registered email is correct and active.
- Make sure the registered password is correct.
- Make sure you have received SNI CHSE Support Account Confirmation in the registered email and click on the email link with the words "ACTIVATE ACCOUNT."
One email account is only valid for one property. If you have more than one property, you need to register using a new email to create a new account for each property.
Provisionally SNI CHSE certifications are available for the following category:
- Tourist attraction;
- Homestay/Tourist Cottage;
- Places for Organizing Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions, and Exhibitions;
You do not need to re-register the same property. You only need to log in (it's on the top right of the front page of the chse.kemenparekraf.go.id website) and fill in the email and password that you have registered before.
Anda dapat masuk ke direktori Hubungi Kami dan menyampaikan bantuan, pertanyaan, keluhan maupun saran anda dengan mengisi formulir yang tersedia.
Self Assessment is an assessment carried out independently by the property owner following the SNI CHSE assessment form based on the property categories.
After account activation, the registrant will have a personal account at the chse.kemenparekraf.go.id link that will be used to apply for SNI CHSE certification.
The Self-Assessment/Assessment process can be done online. To get information about the SNI CHSE standard, users can download the SNI 9042:2021 Guidelines for Implementation of Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability according to the type of business/tourism activity registered.
The Self-Assessment process can’t be repeated. The question indicators related to hygiene, health, safety, and sustainability protocols for registered tourism property/activities need to be filled in according to the guidelines based on the type of property/tourism activity selection.
After the Self-Assessment is done and the Assessment Indicators are met, users must upload business photos and send the results of the self-assessment to the system to the Auditor.
Users who have filled in all the questions and uploaded property images will return to the main page.
The Self-Assessment can be done online by the property owner. The Self-Assessment is based on the SNI CHSE Assessment Form according to the registered property categories.
After finishing the Self-Assessment stage, the property registered will be audited by an Auditor. The audit process will be carried out either online or by direct visit to the property location.
If the Auditor approved and decided that the registered property passed the audit process, then a recommendation will be given to the certification institution to issue an SNI CHSE Certificate and an I DO CARE Label accompanied by the SNI Logo, I Do Care Logo, and a specific QR Code according to the verified tourism property.
Yes, the audit result received by the system will be valid for 3 (three) months. If there are any findings during the verification process by the Auditor, the findings should be completed within 3 (three) months. If the applicant failed to complete the findings, the applicant must repeat the Certification application process from the beginning (Self-Assessment stage).
SNI CHSE Certificate Issuance and 'I DO CARE' Label
SNI CHSE Certificate and I DO CARE Label will be issued for the tourism property, other businesses/facilities related to tourism, the community environment around tourist attractions and/or tourism business, as well as tourism destinations that meet the criteria of Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability according to SNI 9042:2021.
Your certified property will also be automatically registered on the chse.kemenparekraf.go.id website.
The SNI CHSE certificates can be reproduced by the property owner as long as the SNI CHSE certificate is still valid. Multiplying/reproducing stickers is carried out with self-fund by tourism business owners.
Each SNI CHSE sticker issued by the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy has a specific QR Code to identify certified tourism properties. By scanning the QR Code, the system will direct the user to the registered tourism property page on chse.kemenparekraf.go.id link.
Legal Base of SNI CHSE Certification Implementation
- Law No. 9 of 2009 on Tourism (State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Year 2009 Number 9, Supplement to State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Number 4966)
- Law No. 36 of 2009 on Health (State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Year 2009 Number 144, Supplement to State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Number 5063)
- Government Regulation Number 66 of 2014 on Environmental Health (State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Year 2014 Number 184, Supplement to State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Number 5570)
- Government Regulation Number 88 of 2014 on Work Health Act (State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Year 2019 Number 251, Supplement to State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Number 6444)
- Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy Number 14 of 2016 on Guidelines of Sustainable Tourist Destination (State Gazette of The Republic of Indonesia Year 2016 Number 1303)
- Minister of Health Decree Number HK.01.07/Menkes 328/2020 on Guidelines of Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19) Prevention and Control in Office and Industry to Support Business in Pandemic Situation.
- Minister of Health Decree Number HK.01.07/Menkes 328/2020 on Guidelines of Health Protocol in Public Places to Prevent and Control the Corona Virus Disease (Covid-19)
- Indonesia National Standard (SNI 9042:2021) on Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability of Tourist Destinations and Tourism Activities
- Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy/ Tourism and Creative Economy Agency Year 2022 on Government Fund Facilitation of Indonesia National Standard Certification on Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability
Government support on SNI CHSE Certification
The Government supports the tourism business by facilitating the tourism business for a free SNI CHSE certificate. The program is available for a certain period and will be informed through the media. There will be terms and conditions to be fulfilled.
Government funds can only be received once by each tourism business.